Author Topic: Announcement: Help us promote the site!  (Read 8902 times)

Offline Hood

• King Of Bling!!
  • Administrator
  • Fishies from da Hood!!
    • Oz Fish For Sale
Re: Announcement: Help us promote the site!
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
Tell you friends, maybe share an Facebook every so often?
We can send you an OzFish promo pack if you want?
Has OzFish business cards in etc.
We definitely need more Vic members.   :Yes:

Offline Fierce Deity Link

• :)
  • Love Cichlids
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »
Tell you friends, maybe share an Facebook every so often?
We can send you an OzFish promo pack if you want?
Has OzFish business cards in etc.
We definitely need more Vic members.   :Yes:
Yeah that sounds awesome, I could have a chat to a few of the LFS here and see if I could leave some business cards or something with them to try and spread the word! what's in a promo pack?  :beers:

Offline Fierce Deity Link

• :)
  • Love Cichlids
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
Just thinking about how to promote the site over a few beers  :beers:
Facebook seems to be pretty good for the site (it's how I found this site) maybe have a post every now and then inviting people to introduce their friends to the site/forum, I'm currently trying this with some luck not sure how many will actually visit, but I've moved quite a few "business cards" and recommending it to many fellow aquarists on Facebook (hoping to get more Vic Members on board)

but I have a few other "just might be crazy enough to work" idea's that I think would help promote the site: (feel free to shoot the idea's down if they aren't cost effective just trying to think outside the box!)

*Pens! working in a supermarket I have this constant problem of people stealing my pens! It would be awesome if the pens of mine they were stealing had the "OZ FISH" Logo on it and the basic web address! these could be handed out in batches to various members, perhaps even distributed to several LFS's to help spread the word!

*T-Shirts! now I realise these would cost more then the pens, but wouldn't it be awesome if we got all pitched in (like the 2013 calendar) and got T-shirts with the "OZ FISH" logo on the front and the web address on the back or bottom or whatever???? then wherever our members walk, we're advertising the site! any photo's we take with us in them (maybe for a group pic at the next BBQ or big tank move :laughhard:) and we could all be united both in appearance and in spirit by the site!  :headbang:

*Stickers! apply the same logic from previous suggestions, could go on your car windscreen, on your tank, whatever floats your boat, but when ever people see it on your car/tank whatever, they will ask (or at least wonder) "what's that about?"

*Stubby holders! Oh and we definitely need stubby holders!!!  :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers:

I also wanted to suggest "OZ FISH" thermometers because well hey, they're just something we all use, and are handy to have around, just not so sure how to implement that one...
Oh and you could so totally make the next prize pack for a competition out of all this stuff, because all this OZ FISH merchandise would be awesome! I'm sure any winner would appreciate winning it but at the same time wherever they go with said merchandise they would be promoting the site, spreading it like some awesome kind of virus that addicts people to fishkeeping!  :ROFL:
what do you guys think?????

Offline Ardy

• Administrator
    • OZ Fish For Sale
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 02:18:37 PM »
We have thought about all of these things and in the end it really comes down to cost, the items we can on-sell like shirts and stubby holders can be done, and are in planning at the moment (as soon as the calendars are done i start on the stubby holders) when i get some spare cash I'm getting some stickers done (gotta get some for hood's band, 2 birds one stone)

Pens are just too pricey unless we order about 5000 of them.

We'd love to buy all of these things and give them to all of our dedicated members but we just can't afford it, Josh and I are struggling  most of the time cash wise but we do what we can (while we can before we get responsible and buy a house and have kids... then we will be flat broke, haha).

I've been a bit slack on facebook (we run 7 diff facebook pages for bands, fish, promotion etc. it gets tiring but i'll try to up my posts. see what we can generate.)

Cheers for your help, we really appreciate it.
http://ardy321.deviantart.com
My artwork and stuff, if anyone cares.