Author Topic: Amphilaphus Festae  (Read 327 times)

Offline Hood

• King Of Bling!!
  • Administrator
  • Fishies from da Hood!!
    • Oz Fish For Sale
Amphilaphus Festae
« on: December 25, 2016, 06:42:12 PM »
So a few weeks back I got myself a small pair of festae. These were the last two at city farmers currumbine. Apparently they only sold the odd one out of 20 they got, then what we assume to be the dominant male took out the rest leaving him and what appears to be the female he likes. I umm'd and arr'd for a few days then Jase kindly offered me a good price to take what we both believed to be a pair as likely they would just sit around for ages in what is technically too small a tank.
So I took the punt and took them on.
They originally went into their own bare bottom tank, however they seemed some what timid and skittish even after a few days. So I asked a few other large fish keepers and they suggested getting a few dither fish and putting some cover in the tank.  A couple days later I got a few sword tails for some company for them and placed a terracotta pot and some fake plant in the tank. I left them for a bit and when I came back later they were down and settling into the tank, however we were also missing a sword tail. haha
So after a few more days and a few more sword tails I got some congo tetras after some advice froma a mate. Everything was going fine for a day or so more till one morning the female looked a bit beaten up by the male. So I moved them to another bare bottom 4 ft tank with excess cichlids in large excess old red emp females, electric yellows etc.
Since then they have been going great. Here are a few quick snaps.

Offline Hood

• King Of Bling!!
  • Administrator
  • Fishies from da Hood!!
    • Oz Fish For Sale
Amphilaphus Festae
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 05:24:49 PM »
They spawned for me today. :)

sent from Huawei P9 using tapatalk app.