Author Topic: yellowing on Limestone  (Read 798 times)

Offline Cichguppy

• nOOb
  • Nube-A-Lic-ous!!
yellowing on Limestone
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:00:07 AM »
Hi,
I have had my tank for 2 months (3ft, 150ltrs). I have 10 peacocks and 2 clown loaches with 5 pieces of cichlid holey rock and crushed coral on the bottom. Water parameter are all good PH8 and all the others are zero. And a single T8 fluro on top, I live in Darwin so the water is warm it sits around 30 deg.
I'm not sure if it's normal or not but there is some sort of yellow algae growing on the top of the limestone. Has anyone had this happen before.

Offline seacow

Re: yellowing on Limestone
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »
Seems normal well for me anyway. All my texas holy rock gets it .some say its due to nitrate or the food you feed but you can clean them or like me not worry. Gives the fish something to graze on
tanganyikan freak all the way currently at my little tang lake 11 lepsomas mumplungu breeding, 16 bemba reds breeding ,10 red rainbows,2brevis 12 multis breeding,1 duboisy,9 black calvus 5 sexfacsiutis,13 ventralis breeding  ,4 bristle nose,5 paracyprichromis nigripinnis breeding 7  dehontis breeding,9 meelis 8 lamp ocellatus 13 lamp tretocephalus 7 lamp leleupi 11 lepsomas utintas  ithnk thats it for now but u never no?

Offline Yowie

• nOOb
  • Nube-A-Lic-ous!!
Re: yellowing on Limestone
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »
Mine is the same, you could cut down the light a bit but you will have to manually clean it to get rid of it all. Welcome to the forum, good to see more Darwin people on board.